Danville, KY - Home Page

Go To Search
homeprint page
New Residents
Contact Us
For more information please contact us at (859) 238-1200.

Applying for Water Service
To apply for water service, we will need the following:
  • Application for Service
    • The Application for Service Form is available at the Water Department or on the website. We do not take applications over the phone. We perform next-day service, so the customer will need to come into the office at least one day before they want water turned on.
  • Driver's License
    • The driver's license may be from another state but all licenses must be current. An expired driver's license will not be accepted.
  • Deposit ($100) and Non-Refundable Service Fee ($25 for new customers, $15 for current customers transferring service)
    • If the customer is buying the house, they do not have to pay the $100 deposit. They pay only the $25 non-refundable service fee.
    • If the customer is renting, they will need to pay the $100 deposit and $25 non-refundable service fee for a total of $125.
    • To waive the $100 deposit, the new customer may provide a Letter of Good Credit from another utility service (electric / gas / water) showing they have not been turned off for non-payment for the previous 12 months. The Letter of Good Credit may be from any state that they had service with as long as it has been the last 12 months.
    • After a year, if the new customer still has service with the City and has not been turned off for non-payment, the $100 deposit is credited to their account as a payment.

home   |   contact us   |   rss   |   calendar   |   accessibility   |   site map   |   Renewable Energy windpowered   |   powered by CivicPlus   |   copyright