Traffic pattern scheduled to change for Main Street/US 127 in Danville
Signal phasing modified at the intersection of Main Street/US 127 at Third Street
LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 22, 2020) – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises motorists of scheduled changes for Main Street/US 127 at Third Street. Traffic pattern modifications will be implemented for downtown Danville in Boyle County.
Tuesday, July 28 – 10 a.m. (time is approximate)
Main Street/US 127 at Third Street
The signalized intersection at milepoint 5.4 will have the following changes implemented:
- Third Street will be changed to a split phase operation
- Northbound Third Street will operate exclusively to serve northbound vehicle traffic and pedestrian traffic which crosses the east leg of Main Street/US 127
- Southbound Third Street will operate exclusively to serve southbound vehicle traffic and pedestrian traffic which crosses the west leg of Main Street/US 127
- the Main Street/US 127 operation will remain unchanged
- there is currently an advance walk time operation for all pedestrian phases at this intersection
- the new operation will maintain the advance walk time process
- this allows pedestrians to enter an intersection a few seconds prior to vehicles receiving the green light
All work, and closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather conditions, emergencies, and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.