The department is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. The department values and promotes diversity as a strategic advantage and will take affirmative action to maintain a diverse workforce. Diversity refers to human differences, including those based on culture, ethnicity, gender, and age. Some of the benefits the city derives from a diversity of its workforce are different viewpoints and perspectives in decision making, greater innovation and creativity, and a broad pool of qualified individuals.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Have a valid KY drivers license.
- If prior military service, must have received an honorable discharge.
- Must not be prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.
Must Successfully Complete
- A complete background investigation.
- A written test.
- An interview.
- A physical fitness test (POPS standards).
- A drug screen test.
- A polygraph examination.
- 20 year hazardous duty retirement (CERS).
- Full paid health insurance (family or single).
- Full paid dental insurance (family or single).
- Life insurance on the officer paid in full (based on salary).
- All equipment and uniforms provided by the department.
- Home fleet (vehicle may be taken home by those officers that live within 20 miles of Danville).
- Annual uniform allowance.
- Cost of living increases on July 1st.
- 3 weeks paid vacation every year.
- 12 sick days a year (can accumulate from year to year).
How to submit an application.
In order to respond to any job posting, you must submit a completed Employment Application Form to the Human Resources Administrator. Please note that while we encourage you to submit your resume, it must be accompanied by a completed Employment Application Form.
City of Danville Employment Application Form
Police Officer Job Description
POPS Process Flowchart
POPS Physical Training Standards