The City of Danville Utilities Department offers a variety of Payment Options. Bills are due on the 10th each month. Unpaid bills may be subject to disconnection. Please contact the Utilities Department if you have questions regarding your account.
- Online Payments: Make a one-time online payment with card or e-check here - or, register your account (recommended) to manage your future payments, view bills and more. If you have already created an account, please sign in here.
- Pay by Phone: The City of Danville now has a designated line for utility payments. Pay with card or e-check anytime by calling 866-771-1193
- Pay by Text: Register your account online or request “Pay to Text” with a Customer Service Representative. You’ll receive reminders when your payment is due and you can respond by text for a quick and easy payment!
How to Enroll in Pay by Text
- Autopay: Register your online account and sign up for autopay from a card or checking account. Customers who are already enrolled do not need to make any changes to their account unless their payment or contact information has changed.How to Enroll in Autopay or complete this Authorization for Direct Debit form and return to the Water Department with a voided check.
- Pay in Person: Cash or Check payments can be made at the Water Department at City Hall Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or use the drop-boxes located near the side entrance of the building or in the parking lot - or mail check payments to PO BOX 670, Danville, KY 40423.
- Remote Payment Options: Check payments can be made at the Farmers National Bank locations in Perryville and Junction City only.
Contact 859-238-1200, option 1 and 1, to discuss your account with a customer service representative. It is important the City of Danville Water Department has your updated contact information in order to provide timely communication on your utility account. If your contact information has changed, please contact the Water Department or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to update your information.
Utility bills are due on the 10th each month. Delinquent notices are no longer mailed to customers. However, a recorded courtesy call is sent to those at risk of disconnection. If the Water Department does not have your updated contact information, you may not receive such notices. Please call 859-238-1200, option1 and 1, to discuss your account.
If you are unable to pay your utility bills, assistance may be available through the Bluegrass Community Action Partnership’s Low-Income Housing Water Assistance Program. Please contact their office at 859-236-2955 to discuss this program. Additional assistance may be offered through the Family Services Association of Boyle County - http://fsaboylecounty.org/ .