- Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
- Server Training
The City of Danville accepts STARS Classroom or Online Training to meet our requirements for Responsible Beverage Service Training. If you have any questions about this please contact Bridgette Lester, ABC Administrator, at 859-238-1200 or by Email.
Server Training in Alcohol Regulations (S.T.A.R.)
- Training Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Education Branch
- For class, dates see S.T.A.R. Course Schedule and Registration
- Ordinance Number 1822 (PDF): Article XIII. Mandatory responsible beverage service training
CDO Section 2-.5-141:
- All persons employed in the selling and serving of alcoholic beverages shall complete a server training course provided by the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
- All persons required to complete training under paragraph 1 above shall complete that training within thirty days of the date on which the person first becomes subject to the training requirement. When a new business is licensed to serve alcoholic beverages all employees must be trained prior to the opening of the business.
- Each licensee shall be responsible for compliance with the training requirements and shall maintain for inspection by the City ABC Administrator a record or file on each employee that shall contain the pertinent training information. Each premise licensed hereunder must at all times when alcoholic beverages are being served have at least one person currently certified in responsible beverage service training on duty.
- All persons completing the training required by this section shall be re-certified in responsible beverage server training course provided by the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control not less than once every three years thereafter.