News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/24/2023 11:03:40 AM to 3/5/2023 12:00:02 AM.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
[ARCHIVED] January 23, 2023 - City Commission Meeting Review
January 23, 2023 - Danville City Commission Meeting
Watch the Full Meeting (Youtube)
- Danville-Boyle County Parks and Recreation recognized the contributions of Maintenance Supervisor, Roger Webb, as he retires from the department. The City appreciates Mr. Webb's time and service to the community!
- The Danville - Boyle County Chamber of Commerce invites the community to “Coffee with Legislators” on February 3rd at Inter County Energy from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. to meet Senator Amanda Mays Bledsoe and Representative Daniel Elliot.
- The RURAL (Risk Underlying Rural Areas Longitudinal Study) presented an opportunity for Boyle Countians to participate in a long-term study on the heart and lung health of rural Kentuckians. Recruitment efforts are expected to begin towards the end of 2023. Find out more.
- The City of Danville designated February to be celebrated as Black History Month in Danville, presenting the proclamation to Michael Hughes to be displayed with the Danville-Boyle County African American Historical Society, which will celebrate its 10 Year anniversary in 2023!
- After review from the Architectural Heritage Board, The City agrees to designate The Lanier – Toliver House at 637 N 3rd Street as a stand-alone landmark due to the age and historical significance of the home.
- Director of Parks and Recreation, Evan Teague, gave a report on current and upcoming activities: Basketball and Cheerleading are underway with 579 players and 86 Cheerleaders participating, Pickleball is hosted at the Jennie Rogers Community Center on Wednesday and Sunday evenings during the winter months, Baseball/Softball signups will begin in March – 24 Tournaments are already scheduled for Millenium Park in the Summer. Visit Parks and Recreation website to learn more and follow Danville-Boyle County Parks and Recreation on social media to get updates!
- Save the Date! On March 17, The City of Danville and Inter County Energy will host the author of “13 Ways to Kill Your Community” to speak at the Boyle County Performing Arts. More details to come.
- Mayor Atkins and Commissioner Caudill commended the efforts of the Martin Luther King Day Committee for planning and delivering an outstanding celebration on January 16.
- Director of Finance, Leigh Compton, reports 31 new business licenses were issued in December – with a total of 443 for 2022.
- Proposed plans for an aquatic center at Jennie Rogers Community Center were presented with a workshop set for February to discuss options, feasibility, and implementation.
- The City will be installing new playground equipment at Jackson Park and Cowan St Park through a Land & Water Conservation Grant which reimburses 80% of the project cost.